The 9th African, Caribbean and Pacific Group (ACP) Summit of Heads of State and Government, themed “A Transformed ACP: Committed to Multilateralism” will take place from 9 to 10 December 2019 in Nairobi, Kenya. It will be preceded, inter-alia, by Ministerial Sessions from 6 to 8 December 2019.
Objectives of the Summit are:
· To endorse the outcome of the negotiations for a new 20-year ACP-EU Partnership Agreement;
· To review results and impacts of the work of the Group since 2016 and take stock of the implementation of the commitments made at the 8th Summit;
· To consider and adopt the revisions to the ACP’s Constitutive Act, i.e. the Georgetown Agreement;
· To provide political guidance on the way in which the Group redefines its vision and role to advance multilateralism;
· To give political leadership and guidance on ACP institutional structures to achieve sustainable development through Agenda 2030.
The Government of Mauritius is represented by the Honourable Nandcoomar Bodha, GCSK, Minister of Foreign Affairs, Regional Integration and International Trade.