The Small and Medium Enterprise Development Authority (SMEDA), which operates under the aegis of the Ministry of Business, Enterprise and Cooperatives (Business and Enterprise division) is organising an International SME Innovation & Technology Fair from 12 to 14 May 2017 at the Swami Vivekananda International Convention Centre (SVICC), Mauritius.
The International SME Innovation and Technology Fair 2017 aims at facilitating the transfer of technology, know-how and skills to Mauritian and overseas enterprises through the showcasing and eventual acquisition of technological tools and equipment as well as innovative solutions that are of particular interest to SMEs. The fair will provide a platform and a marketplace connecting technology suppliers and their innovative ideas to investors, manufacturers and distributors in order to promote investment and joint collaboration.
This first of its kind event represents a unique opportunity for foreign suppliers to network with Mauritian SMEs and market their services in Mauritians. It is also aimed at promoting Business- to- Business (B2B), Business- to -Government (B2G), Business- to -Consumer (B2C) and Government –to- Government (G2G) exchanges and thus creating opportunities for joint ventures. Some 180 participants from different countries are expected at the Fair in Mauritius.
The International SME Innovation and Technology Fair 2017 is seeking to enlist the participation of foreign suppliers of machineries and equipment in the following targeted sectors:
· ICT Services (mobile applications, website and software development)
· Manufacturing (production, transformation and processing in various sectors such as light engineering, furniture making, printing,
food and beverages etc.)
· Bio-farming and other value added agri-business activities
· Aqua culture and other value added ocean economy related activities
· Renewable and green energy
· Other productive sectors including handicraft
SMEDA is proposing to meet the following costs as an incentive to attract foreign participants:
· Cost of hotel accommodation (one double room per participation for each exhibitor for the whole duration of the fair)
· Stand costs (each standard stand is of 9 sq. metres subject to the specific requirements of the participant)
· Organised transport daily from and to the Fair
· Customs clearance facilities for plant and equipment and machinery.